Sunday, July 21, 2013

KFC Coleslaw

When I was a little girl, my parents didn't have a lot of money. It was very rare for our family to go out to eat, but they did try to do something fun at least once a month. When we would go out to eat at KFC they would order each of us a 2 piece meal. I was never really that fond of the biscuits (I know, I know, for shame!) or the mashed potatoes and gravy. My sister didn't like the coleslaw. So our solution was for me to give her my biscuit and potatoes and she'd give me her coleslaw. Looking back on the deal now I know my sister made out in the deal better than me, but back then, I thought that was the most awesome deal! 2 coleslaws just for me?? Heck yeah! So you can my excitement when I was given the e-cookbook titled Insider's Recipes Master Edition. This cook book has all the inside secrets for all the big-name products ranging from ice cream, to candy bars, to actual restaurant food. Inside this wonderful cookbook is what folks?? KFC coleslaw! WOOT WOOT! You can bet your bottom dollar that the coleslaw recipe was my first try. And guess what?? It was awesome. So here is that wonderful recipe. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.

KFC Cole Slaw
8 cups shredded cabbage
1/4 cup carrot, shredded
1/3 cup sugar
1/2 teas. salt
1/8 teas. pepper
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup mayonaise
1/4 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 tbls. white vinegar
2 1/2 tbls. lemon juice
Combine cabbage and carrots in a large salad bowl. Mix remaining
ingredients together and combine thoroughly. Pour liquid ingredients
over cabbage and carrots and stir. Refrigerate at least two hours
before serving (overnight is better). Stir well before serving.

**Quick tip, I'm slightly lazy so instead of shredding the cabbage and carrots, I just purchased the preshredded coleslaw pack from the veggie section. worked wonderfully!***

No comments: