Thursday, January 28, 2016

Hogwarts Crest

"We must all face the choice between what is right and what is good " ~ Albus Dumbledore

As I mentioned before, I joined the amazing Harry Potter Crochet-along designed by the amazing Alexandra from twoheartscrochet.com. I knew immediately that I had to join this crochet-along. The original crest had a black background, but when I was looking at the graph, I realized that I loved the look of the black border on the outside of the crest. So my only real question was, what color should I do the crest on? I saw some amazing work where people had used alternate colors, such as black but then putting a white border on it, around the outside black border, black, gray and even a purple background. When I saw the gray background I knew that was the perfect fit for me. The next question was, which crest should I do, the detailed one below, or the simple version without the animals...I'm a glutton for punishment, so I went with the detailed version.

Here is a picture of my finished product. I still have to weave the ends in. I am working on that. I will update the picture when I get the ends fixed. 

The picture doesn't do just to the size of this thing. It is HUGE! I did my crest in the double crochet corner to corner stitch. I wanted the crest to be the focal point of the afghan and guess what?!?!?! it truly is. If I had to do it all over again, I would have done the block in the mini corner to corner which uses the half-double crochet or a single crochet from side to side. But I still love how it looks.

2 comments:

Allison said...

Ack! Do you have the chart for this?

The Homemade Way said...

The pattern link is in the post. It cam from the twoheartscrochet blog