Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Chicken Fajitas

In my effort to crockpot more and branch out from our normal every day food, I decided to try the Chicken Fajitas recipe that I saw on Pinterest. It sounded wonderful. Even though I don't like peppers, I still wanted to try the recipe (minus those nasty peppers). My kids loved the recipe... me, not so much. I think a full packet of taco seasoning is just way too much or something. It wasn't awful, just not as wonderful as I was hoping. I think I am going to give it one more shot, but this time I am not going to put nearly as much seasoning in it and see how it does. If I were to give this recipe a star rating, it would only get 2 out of 5. 
Chicken Fajitas
( 5-6 servings)


·                     1 1/2 pound chicken breast
·                     2 peppers (your favorite)
·                     1 onion
·                     1/2 cup chicken broth
·                     taco seasoning packet
·                     1 tsp. chili powder
·                     1/2 tsp. paprika
·                     1 tsp. salt
You will also need tortillas, cheese, cream, etc.


1.            Put all the ingredients in a large freezer bag. (Make sure you label the bag with instructions.)
2.            When it’s time to cook it, dump it all in your slow cooker and cook on high for 3-4 hours or low for 5-6 hours.

3.            When it’s cooked, shred the meat and add it back to the pepper mixture and serve on warm tortillas and your favorite toppings.

No comments: