Saturday, January 3, 2015

Pikachu Hat

This fall I got a job as a teacher's aide in the Special Education department at the local high school. After getting to know the kids for a couple of weeks, I realized that I really wanted to make each of my students a hat that reflected who they are. I plan on showcasing each hat over the next few weeks. Some hats I made based on a pattern, others I just winged it. Due to medical issues I wasn't able to start the hats until the first weekend in December. For one of my students, I made a Pikachu hat. She has loved pikachu since she was 3 years old. The moment that I found out that she loved pikachu I knew that this was the hat for her.  I used my basic half double crochet pattern for the hat part, then embellished with the eyes, cheeks, nose, mouth and ears. If anyone is interested in the pattern instructions, please leave a comment and I will share. 



No comments: