Friday, June 14, 2013

Angry Birds - King Pig

When i first heard of the game Angry Birds, I never thought that it would become the newest craze. There are now angry bird plush, angry bird beanies, angry bird jammies... etc. Well, I have officially joined the craze. My niece requested the green king pig beanie as her Christmas present from me. So how could I refuse? She has been a huge help to me this year and deserved the cute (or is it ugly? lol) pig hat. As you can see, she absolutely loves her new beanie! (and if I don't say so myself, I think it looks pretty dang good too! :)














 I was very excited to find the free pattern online. You can get it HERE. I tried to follow the hat portion pattern but decided very quickly that I didn't like their instructions. So I decided to just go ahead and use the basic hat pattern that I use for most of the hats that I make. Worked out wonderfully. Since I am using my own basic pattern and just adding on the pattern accents I can adjust the hat for any size head.

One tip that I have learned from all the character hats that I have made, craft glue is a wonderful thing! Just a touch makes such a big difference. It is so hard to get the pieces to stay in the right spot for sewing on without the glue.

Happy crafting!

No comments: