Sunday, June 16, 2013

Potato and Egg Sandwich

Ok, now before I post the recipe, I just wanted to share how I found this. I had to go to the doctor a couple weeks ago, and picked up a Woman's World magazine to read because of 2 reasons... #1, It was talking about Oprah's Diet world, and that sounded interesting to me. #2, There was a picture of a VERY yummy looking cake on the cover. lol. Anyway, while I was flipping through the magazine to find those two treasures, I found an article titled Money-$aving cooking with Grandma Clara! Grandma Clara gave a little blurb about life as she knew it growing up, which included this recipe. It was interesting to find out that they use to buy 100lb sacks of potatoes and they never went to waste. That's completely amazing! I have a hard time using up a 10lb bag of potatoes. Anyway, I've been stewing over this recipe for almost 3 weeks now, wanting to make it, but not sure if I would have enough time in the mornings before my son had to go to school. Since I had just made a loaf of fresh bread last night, I decided that this morning was a good morning to give this recipe a shot. It was completely finished in 30 minutes, which was a wonderful thing! The only fault I could find with it is that it was a little dry, and that could have been because I had over cooked the eggs, but maybe not. To compensate, I put some ketchup on the kid's sandwiches, and mayo on my sandwich and it was fine. Other than the dryness, this was a yummy meal, and I'll be sure to make it again soon (maybe on the weekend though. lol)

Potatoes and Eggs Sandwich

Ingredients:
2 TBSP oil
3-4 medium sized potatoes, peeled and cubed
8 eggs
8 slices of bread

Directions:
  • Heat oil in large pan over medium-high heat.
  • Add potatoes and sauté for about 20 minutes or until soft and golden brown.
  • While potatoes are cooking, crack eggs in a medium sized bowl and whip until mixed well.
  • Once potatoes are cooked through, add eggs to the potatoes and stir eggs until they become scrambled and golden in color.
  • Add salt and pepper to taste. Cool slightly. Lightly toast bread and spoon egg mixture between slices of bread. Enjoy.

No comments: