Thursday, June 13, 2013

2011 Christmas projects

It's been a very busy year. My Etsy business has done pretty good. Went to my first craft fair and I've been working on projects for my kids for Christmas. I do have to say, I've been pretty busy. I thought I would update on the projects that my kids are going to be getting from me for Christmas.

For my sweet son, Derik, So far I have made him a beanie. He is a typical boy, and loves sports. Wait, loves is not a strong enough word. The boy is OBSESSED!!!!!!! with sports. There I think that shows his dedication. LOL. So What better for the sports obsessed fan than his very own sports beanie... right? So I made him this soccer beanie in his school colors (hmm, maybe I should have made it in his soccer team colors. Oh well, he loves his school colors and teams, so it'll work. :) Anyway, here is the finished piece.

 This is the top view. Looks like a soccer right?? LOL. love it!


And this is the side view, highlighting the school colors of Green and White, but ya can still see the soccer ball.




I'm also working on making him some gloves so his poor little fingers don't freeze off when he goes to school (yes, it does get quite cold in Arizona). If I have time, I plan on making him a scarf too, although he probably won't use it. Dang boy. lol.

Now for Lexie's presents. I have 2 done so far. I've made her a treasure box doll where she can hide her...wait for it...treasures! LOL. It's pretty cute. I used pink and green, because, well, these colors together just looked so pretty!



And the Peek-a-boo inside. Neat huh?

Her final present so far is inspired by her F.A.V.O.R.I.T.E. show of all time, Blue's Clues. She adores Blue's Clues (especially Joe) and I thought she would really enjoy a hat to show her love (I hope I can convince her to take it off at times. LOL.

 I let her have a sneak peek just to make sure that it fit properly.

The whole hat was my own design. I do have to say, the nose was not so much fun to do. LOL. I think it took me like 5-6 tries to actually get it to look right, and even now, it is still bugging me. Oh well, that's what happens when you are OCD about your projects. :)

Anyway, stay tuned for more projects.

Happy crafting!

No comments: