Saturday, June 15, 2013

Barefoot Sandals

So I have a niece (grown niece) who has two adorable little girls. She was surfing the web not too long ago and saw some adorable barefoot sandals and decided she needed them. Since she knows I crochet, she gave me the task of making them. I made 1 pair exactly like the original pattern stated but didn't like the results. The toe loop was too small for the baby's big toe and too thick. Here is a link to the original site. So, because certain things have to be 100% perfect, I decided to revamp this pattern and make my own. I really like the results. Here's the finished product.


I love the way they turned out. The toe strap is no longer bulky and is an easy fix if too big or too little. Also, They are just a touch wider so the flower doesn't hide them like the other ones were. All in all, not too shabby. I think I made both in about an hour. Now, to just write down the pattern. LOL. Oh and I can't forget, I made a pair for my daughter who is 4. She decided she needed a pair just for herself to show off her pretty piggies. :-)


The picture below is an example of the different flowers I'm putting on them. Trying to get my niece to decide which one she wants... very tough choice. LOL.



No comments: