Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Honey Glazed Garlic Pork Chops

Ok, so I know I've been slacking on posting new recipes... NO MORE! I made this very yummy dish yesterday for dinner. It was super easy and very flavorful.  (Doesn't that just look finger licking good?) I found the recipe on Sparkpeople.com. It received high reviews from all the readers.



Number of Servings: 6
Ingredients

    1/4 + 1/8 cup honey 3 tbsp soy sauce 6 cloves garlic, minced 6 pork loin chops, boneless, trimmed of excess fat, 4 oz each

Directions
In a shallow dish, whisk together honey, soy sauce and garlic.
Coat chops in mixture.
Reserve left over honey mixture for basting.
Place chops on greased grill over med high heat, close lid and cook. basting 2 times.

Number of Servings: 6
Nutritional Info
  • Servings Per Recipe: 6
  • Amount Per Serving
  • Calories: 214.5
  • Total Fat: 6.0 g
  • Cholesterol: 50.8 mg
  • Sodium: 544.2 mg
  • Total Carbs: 19.3 g
  • Dietary Fiber: 0.2 g
  • Protein: 20.9 g
***One thing I would do differently next time would be to add in less soy sauce. I cut my recipe in half since it was for me and my 2 kids. My pork chops were a total of 10oz. I would also probably buy fresh garlic instead of the minced garlic or blend all the ingredients in a blender to make it less "chunky". And as other readers posted I will probably add in a little corn startch to thicken it a touch so it doesn't just run off the meat. ***

I hope you enjoy and if you make it, let me know how it went for you and if you changed the recipe any.

No comments: