Friday, June 14, 2013

Necessity the Mother of Invention

Yes, that's riIght, most mom's will do what they have to do how ever they have to for their kids. Yesterday, I was looking through my cupboards trying to figure out what i was going to feed my children for dinner. Nothing was sounding good. I looked in my freezer and remembered that I had a pound of ground chicken. I had never used ground chicken before and wasn't sure what was the best way to cook it up. Then I had a brain storm. I decided that I was going to make orange chicken and rice with it. I put the rice in my rice steamer then went to work. I decided to roll the meat into balls and flour them. Once floured I browned them in the frying pan. I was so excited to find out that they firmed up nicely. Once browned, I poured a little orange sauce on them, and put them on top of the rice. MMM they were very yummy.

I used the Orange Chicken recipe that I previously posted but just substituted the ground chicken for the chicken breast. Give it a try. I'd love to hear what your results are.


No comments: